Peer-reviewed published research on this specific product ATP Fuel® is designed to support the Krebs Cycle of cellular energy production. The Krebs Cycle takes place inside the mitochondria or “power plant” of the cell and it is the body’s primary energy producer. ATP Fuel® is formulated for athletes and patients seeking optimized energy.
Presented at ILADS & Peer-reviewed Publications
This is not borrowed research but independent research conducted on ATP Fuel®.
- Research presented at ILADS (International Lyme & Associated Diseases) Medical Conference
- Peer-reviewed published research on ATP Fuel®:
- International Journal of Clinical Medicine
- Journal of Functional Food in Health & Disease
This product goes well beyond the typical powder phospholipid product. Our formulators carefully selected the matrix of phospholipids required to promote healthy mitochondrial membrane function, employing a proprietary method to stabilize the lipids to maintain efficacy. We have added stabilized NADH and CoQ10, key contributors to the Krebs cellular energy cycle. The other complexes within the ATP Fuel® (Mitochondrial Pro Regulator™, Krebs Cycle Glucose Absorb™, and RN Fatty Acid Metabolism) combine to increase absorption and are essential to the success shown in the above mentioned research. An integral part of our product quality orientation is to go beyond raw material supplier purity claims; our third party tests proved our product is GMO-free.
ATP Fuel® offers the top three energy nutrients and cofactors synergistically combined for maximum mitochondrial performance and energy production:
- NT Factor Energy™
ATP Fuel® starts with the base of our highly acclaimed NT Factor Energy™, and adds the two other well-researched energy producing nutrients, NADH and CoQ10 into one convenient and power-producing formula. Plus ATP Fuel® is available in capsules.
NT Factor Energy™ - to repair mitochondrial membranes
NT Factor Energy™ was developed as a phospholipid delivery system to repair mitochondrial membranes that have been compromised due to acute and/or long-term health challenges.
Mitochondrial membranes contain their own DNA. If these membranes are damaged and not able to self-repair, they rely on healthy cells to donate their phospholipids. However, if there is a cascading impact of damaged cells splitting, the end result is a less than optimal energy level.
The product's efficacy is based on our proprietary method of extracting and stabilizing the phospholipids, and delivering them intact in the lower intestine for proper absorption. Phospholipids are very unstable and often oxidize in the manufacturing process or in the digestive tract before they can be presented for absorption in the lower intestine. After we stabilize the phospholipids, we wrap them in probiotics and prebiotics. Next, we add minerals and other nutrients to assist in the Krebs Energy Cycle and absorption. When the capsule reaches the lower intestine, the pre and probiotics are released first to promote a healthy flora. We follow this with the release of the NT Factor portion, whose matrix very closely matches that of the gastro intestinal mucosa. As these phospholipids are transported from cell to cell, they are absorbed into the outer and inner mitochondrial membranes --- allowing the mitochondria to provide its natural and healthy level of energy.
A healthy mitochondrial membrane:
NADH - to convert food into energy
- allows more nutrients into the mitochondria to support the Krebs Cycle of energy production
- is essential for the electron transport chain to efficiently produce healthy levels of ATP
- promotes healthier (reduced) level of oxidative stress
NADH is the reduced (electron- energy rich) coenzyme form of vitamin B3 or B-Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide. This "reducing" power (its ability to donate electrons) is what drives ATP production.
NADH is fundamental in the chemical process of converting the food we eat into cellular energy. Each unit of NADH creates three units of ATP (the body's energy fuel).
Studies conducted in Europe indicated that NADH promotes healthy energy levels and emotional balance.
NADH is notoriously unstable. As part of our proprietary formula, we stabilize our NADH with chlorophyll, followed by microencapsulation process to resist gastric acids.
Coenzyme Q10 - for ATP energy production
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a compound found naturally in the energy-producing center of the cell known as the mitochondria. CoQ10 is involved in the making of ATP. ATP serves as the cell's major energy source and drives a number of biological processes including muscle contraction and the production of protein. CoQ10 also works as an antioxidant.
CoQ10 promotes healthy energy levels, enhances the immune system, and acts as an antioxidant. A growing body of research suggests that using coenzyme Q10 supplements alone or in combination with other drug therapies and nutritional supplements supports the body’s health in promoting a healthy heart, promoting healthy periodontal (gum) condition, and in supporting cognitive and nerve health.*
We source our CoQ10 from the highest quality Japanese raw material, ensuring optimal bioavailability.
Mitochondria - what are they & why are they so important?
Mitochondria are the primary energy producers in the body. The typical cell contains an average of 1,000 mitochondria. Given that there are 10 to the 13th power cells in a healthy adult, healthy and productive mitochondria are critical to maintain the body's energy and resilience.
Recent studies have shown the importance to maintaining healthy mtDNA, the DNA which resides inside the mitochondria. Unlike standard DNA which has histones and introns to protect it from free radical damage, the mitochondrial DNA does not have this protective mechanism so it is much more exposed and more susceptible to oxidative damage (ROS or reactive oxidative stress). And since mitochondrial cell division takes place approximately every five to six days and replicates the damage existing in the old cells, the damaged mtDNA spreads rapidly. This is what eventually depletes the patient's energy level and may lead to abnormal cellular formation.
For an illustrated discussion of mitochondrial function, phospholipid delivery and the research on NT Factor Energy™ (many doctors print this off and make it available in their waiting rooms), Click here
Patient letter to his doctor:
The ATP Fuel pills you put me on seem to have been really helpful and my energy level is now both higher and more consistent. I am significantly more focused mentally (as if the fog is lifting) and my fatigue is less pronounced when I do get tired. My ability to keep going through the day without wanting to take naps is also better. My friends have been asking what I am doing as I look so much better! I will keep you updated, but am excited at the improvement so far. My wife is really impressed too as I am a lot more helpful with the kids etc these days. Thanks for seeing me again and for the very helpful advice --- Robert O.
Take five capsules 30 minutes before breakfast and five capsules 30 minutes before lunch or dinner (ten capsules per day) for the first two months, and five capsules 30 minutes before breakfast in month 3 and beyond. It is important to keep with the protocol for the first two months so that enough cell membranes are repaired --- which will allow the patient to feel the difference. This equates to 2 bottles per month for each of the first two months, and 1 bottle per month thereafter.
Free of milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors and artificial colors.
This product does contain ingredients derived from soy.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How are the phospholipids protected against gut degradation? We carefully select and extract specific lipids that support the remodeling of bio-membranes. We combine this with the use of antioxidant mechanisms to preserve the unoxidized state during and post-extract.
2. Why is it important to take twice as many capsules during the two month "loading dose" period? It is important to saturate the body with this unique phospholipid matrix so enough membranes are positively impacted for the patient to feel the energy benefit.
3. Is the product hexane-free? Yes.
4. What are the components of NT Factor Maximum Potency™? It is a patent pending phospholipid delivery system. The composition is: phosphoglycolipids (polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholine, glycolipids and other polyunsaturated phosphatidyl nutrients), bifido and lactobacillus bacterium (freeze-dried and microencapsulated in a state of suspended animation with the potential to form healthy microflora colonies) and growth media (foods and bacteria growth factors to support microflora colonies including rice bran extract, arginine, beet root fiber, black strap molasses, glycine, para-amino benzoate, leek, pantethine (bifido growth factor), taurine, garlic, calcium borogluconate, potassium citrate, spirulina, bromelain, natural vitamin E, calcium ascorbate, alpha-lipoic acid, oligosaccharides, B-6, niacinamide, riboflavin, inositol, niacin, calcium pantothenate, thiamin, B-12, folic acid, chromium picolinate).
5. Is the capsule vegetarian? Although the ingredients are all vegetarian, the capsule includes beef gelatin.
6. Is the product gluten-free? Yes, it is wheat and gluten-free.
7. Is the rice flour from white or brown rice? It is from brown rice.
Product Code: CRN130
30 Day Supply
Researched Nutritionals' products are only available through health care professionals. If your doctor has asked you to order, please call Customer Service Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM Pacific Time at 800 755 3402. More detailed information, research and purchasing is available on line for health care professionals who have registered and signed in: Click here